I make a lot of hard boiled eggs. I put them in salad, on toast and eat them as a pre-workout snack because they are easy and portable and delicious. BUT they are always a pain to peel. I have tried several methods of boiling, I never use fresh eggs and I hit the egg on my counter several times before peeling and it's really hit or miss. Fit Girls Guide meal plan uses a lot of hard boiled eggs and Whole 30 had me eating eggs constantly. Recently, I read about the possibility that steaming eggs, rather than boiling them would help with the peeling problem so I decided to try it.
How it works:
- Fill a pot with one inch of water. Add steamer basket and cover to boil.
- Add eggs to basket and cover for 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs from pot and put in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Dry and put away in the fridge.
- When you are ready to eat, notice how incredibly easy these eggs are to peel and enjoy!