This is so easy, so paleo, so gluten free, so Whole 30 and so good. Hubs decided that this was his “signature dish” back when we did the Whole 30 and he amazed himself with his cooking skills and with how something so healthy can be so good. We made it again recently and remembered just how much we love it.
If you want this dish to be completely Whole 30 compliant, you will need to use your own homemade ranch but this time we aren’t doing Whole 30 so we used ranch from Trader Joe’s. I love this recipe for homemade ranch.
Another great thing about this dish is how easy it is to add extra veggies. We had some leftover bell pepper and celery that needed to be used so we just threw those in the mix. This also makes plenty so we had it for 3 meals.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, shredded (see below for how to cook)
- 1 large onion diced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- and other veggies you like, diced
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breast cut in to pieces
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
Prep the squash- preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half short ways and then in to rings. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Saute the onion and veggies until soft (about 6 minutes)
- Put the veggies in to a bowl with cooked chicken, hot sauce, Ranch, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- When the squash is cooked, take it out of the oven and shred with a fork. Add shredded squash to the bowl and stir.
- Add the eggs to the bowl and stir.
- Pour the mixture in to a 9×13 dish and bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees.
Serve with green onions, avocado, ranch or more hot sauce on the side.