aka Golden Milk Latte
Have you seen turmeric everywhere? Here in LA we have it in coffee shops, on ice cream cones, in skin care products and in all the juices. Turmeric has been noted for years for its anti-inflammatory benefits both in our bodies and on our skin. Recently, main stream media and health enthusiasts have made turmeric a top wellness item of 2017.
I have been adding turmeric in to almost all veggie and meat dishes because it adds a nice flavor and health benefits to every meal. My favorite way to enjoy turmeric is with a golden milk latte because it is warm and cozy and you can change the flavor to suit your taste. Below is the way I like to make it!
- 8 oz of non dairy milk
- 2 tsp turmeric powder or 1 large tbsp grated fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- honey or agave
- grated ginger (optional)
- 2 dates (optional)
- Heat milk, turmeric and cinnamon in a small saucepan
- Add coconut oil and sweetener and heat thoroughly
- You could stop here! This is delicious on it's own with some cinnamon sprinkled on top.
- For a slightly sweeter drink, allow milk to cool slightly and add to a blender with dates and blend thoroughly. This will also make the latte extra foamy.