I love breakfast but I have a hard time getting it together to make it in the mornings. Most of the time, I prep easy to-go breakfasts the night before and blend them, heat them or take them to go in the morning. Here are some of my favorites:
Fit Girls Guide Over Night Fridge Oats. Recipe Here
I didn't know about the magic of frittatas until I did the Whole 30. They are seriously so easy.
I use a cast iron skillet but you could use any oven safe skillet.
- cooking fat (I like coconut oil)
- 1/2 diced onion
- protein of choice (meat, cheese, etc)
- veggies (anything left over will work)
- greens (spinach or kale)
- 10 eggs
Heat the cooking fat in the skillet. Add diced onion and saute. Add in protein and veggies and saute. Add the greens and saute.
Meanwhile, lightly whisk eggs in a separate bowl. (note: do not whisk too much or the fritatta will puff up in the oven and flatten as soon as you take it out.)
Add eggs in to skillet and cook until the edges are set. Put skillet in the oven and cook another 8-10 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from the oven, cut and store for easy breakfast to go.
Chia Seed Pudding
During the Whole 30 I wanted a sweet breakfast option that reminded me of fridge oats so I found chia seed pudding:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water or unsweetened juice to dilute the coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- sweetener of choice (agave, shredded coconut, vanilla extract, maple syrup or nothing at all)
- fresh toppings (Ideas: fresh berries, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, apples sautéed with ghee)
I like to eat almond butter and banana and I make my own almond butter. For a to go option, try something like Wild Friends packs to go.
Let me know what other healthy to-go breakfast options you enjoy!